Tuesday 4 September 2012

Manifesto and personal details

Personal Details
o  Name: Kirsten Allnutt
o   Portfolio: Media Councillor
o   Degree: Bachelor of journalism (third year)
o   Interests and Hobbies: Filming, photography, computer gaming

Pensketch
o   I am a third year television journalism student.
o   I have work experience at media institutions such as Carte Blanche and eNews.
o   Worked at Friar Tuck for 1 and a half years.
o   Psychology 1 tutor – 2012
o   Received Honours for Dramatic Arts (matric).
o   Leadership role: Head of house for culture in matric (Involves the liaising of all cultural events and encouragement of school “spirit”). 
   
Manifesto
I, Kirsten Allnutt, am a third television student. I am a sincere, social, outgoing and friendly person who would do well with my experiences and knowledge of a third year journalism student as media councillor. I stand for transparent, efficient and well managed media that will communicate and inform appropriately throughout the university.

As media councillor I aim to be innovative and original in forms of communication between the SRC, student media organisations and the student body itself. I intend to appeal to students and, therefore, the media that I am responsible for will reflect this. My goals include making podcasts and videos, as well as recordings of any meetings, discussions or events which will become accessible via media platforms and social networks. I feel that direct communication of any issues can be appropriately addressed by making podcasts/ videos, and, even furthermore more so, in circumstances where the president or SRC representatives can speak to the students and answer their questions through this medium. 

In my role I aim to expand on the current media position by offering my own creative media strategies and, in doing so, create an appropriate, professional expectation for the position in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment